Sunday, January 13, 2019

GRID PROJECT

For my Grid Project, I decided to do 18 by 19 pixels instead of 10 by 10. I wanted my picture to be of something. When a picture is only 10 by 10 pixels, you can hardly tell what it's of. My grid art was painted on a canvas. I took pictures of every step starting with the blank canvas and then my grid drawing with pencil and finally you will see the hamburger at the end.
In order to emphasize the authenticity of pixels and the grid, I did not erase the grid I originally drew out. It is somewhat visible through certain paints and visible around the burger on the white canvas.
I am very happy with how my grid art turned out. I attempted to do a classic grid picture and because I love to paint, used one of my canvases and acrylic paints to bring this grid to life. It was pretty cool to watch this blank canvas become funky, yet classic looking depiction of a hamburger.

If anyone is familiar with Spongebob, they'll get this... The final result kind of reminds me of a crabby patty that Karen (Plankton's old fashioned computer wife) would show plankton before he searches for the secret formula!! Haha I had to include that...

~

Canvas before the art:



Drawing the 18 by 19 grid:




Painting black outline of burger:





















Adding bun (orangey brown):




Adding tomato (red):




Adding patty (brown):




Adding lettuce (green):




















My final result:




















This was the photo I mimicked:

No comments:

Post a Comment

RESEARCH ON TIESTO

I am probably most excited about this blog entry. I love music and when I saw that Tiesto was listed under 'Electronic - Producer/DJ Cul...