Wednesday, January 9, 2019

STOP MOTION FILM



My stop-motion film is called Follow the Kernels. It is obviously a very short story and almost like a game. Watch the cup the popcorn kernels enter at the beginning of the video and wait until the end for a surprise! I hope you guessed the right cup!

~

Making this stop-motion film taught me a lot. You must be extremely precise and tedious while creating a video like this. It takes a whole lot of patience. I cannot imagine the time and effort that goes into making long videos or movies like this. My video is 10 frames per second, but some people out there will make movies at 60 frames per second! That is time consuming and requires skill.

Some things happened that I did not expect while making this video. My set was created with streamers I had and I taped them together at the top so they would lay down together in a perfect pattern. What I didn't plan for, was making the mistake of breathing too heavily on the streamers. They're extremely light and you can see they change positions throughout the video.

My other dilemma was accidentally moving my camera half way through making this video. Yes... I started over completely when that happened.

~

Props to filmmakers who specialize in the stop-motion technique! Y'all are incredibly talented!

No comments:

Post a Comment

RESEARCH ON TIESTO

I am probably most excited about this blog entry. I love music and when I saw that Tiesto was listed under 'Electronic - Producer/DJ Cul...