Tuesday, January 15, 2019

COLLAGE PROJECT

The collage I created was of a cat. I chose to create a cat because I have been missing my kitty at home. As you can see, I made certain parts of the kitty with collage photos of my body parts. All four paws were made of my fists; the front paws were my entire arm and the back paws were just the fists. I used photos of my hands as whiskers for the kitten and my eyes, nose, and mouth finished off the face. I wanted to incorporate painting as my second form of art within this project, so on a poster board I used black, gray, and white paints to create the rest of the cat. I chose to paint the background in vibrant fading colors so that the black and white cat would stand out as the main focus of this piece. 

There is something slightly disturbing about making a collage out of pictures of my own body. The weird proportions of body parts and odd placement of each print strangely pull together the entire piece. 

On the left I have a photo of the cat I attempted to mimic and on the right is my project. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

RESEARCH ON TIESTO

I am probably most excited about this blog entry. I love music and when I saw that Tiesto was listed under 'Electronic - Producer/DJ Cul...